About blood
rhuff163
2010-04-16 09:55:32 UTC
Devotional Guide For the Week of April 11, 2010

JESUS IN LEVITICUS

About blood

To Know:

³For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to
make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes
atonement for one¹s life. Therefore I say to the Israelites, ŒNone of you
may eat blood, nor may an alien living among you eat blood.¹² (Lev.
17:11,12)

The offense of the gospel for theological liberalism is its insistence that
salvation is by the shedding of blood. Beginning in chapter 1, Leviticus
has identified blood as having cleansing power. The author of Hebrews
declares blood to be the sinners only hope. ³ŠThe law requires that nearly
everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there
is no forgiveness.² (Heb. 9:22) The foundational truth of the Bible refutes
bedrock belief of theological liberalism. Liberalism believes in the basic
human goodness. Holy Scripture says of our human nature that it fell away
from the God who, in the beginning, created us good. The Psalmist writes
under divine inspiration. ³The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of
men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have
turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does
good, not even one.² (Ps. 14:2,3) By repudiating the biblical claim that God
requires blood to atone for sin, liberalism is another gospel. As Paul would
say, it is really no gospel at all. The ancient Israelites were forbidden to
eat blood because it is the life of the creature and life is the ransom
price of a sinner. Animal blood typified the blood of Christ, the price paid
to atone for human sin. Thus blood was to be treated as sacred and
therefore not to be consumed.

041610$-041610

<š{{{{{{><
James
2010-04-21 17:08:12 UTC
Re: About blood
Devotional Guide For the Week of April 11, 2010
JESUS IN LEVITICUS
About blood
³For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to
make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes
atonement for one¹s life. Therefore I say to the Israelites, ?None of you
may eat blood, nor may an alien living among you eat blood.¹² (Lev.
17:11,12)
Hello,

The abstinence from blood under the Mosaic laws was restated for
Christians at Ac 15:29,

"that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and from
blood and from what is strangled and from unchastity. If you keep
yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell." (RSV)

Since "All scripture is inspired by God" (2 ti 3:16), then genuine
Christians must "abstain....from blood". To "abstain" means "to do
without something" (World Book Dictionary) . Thus not eating blood by
mouth would be abstaining from it. But injecting it into one's veins
would not be abstaining from it as the Bible says to do, but would be
'eating' it intravenously instead of by mouth.

Sincerely, James

Have Jehovah's Witnesses' questions?
http://www.watchtower.org

**please note I cannot follow all ng threads
The offense of the gospel for theological liberalism is its insistence that
salvation is by the shedding of blood. Beginning in chapter 1, Leviticus
has identified blood as having cleansing power. The author of Hebrews
declares blood to be the sinners only hope. ³?The law requires that nearly
[...]